Kookaburra Homes understand that this new home that you are purchasing is most likely to be one of the biggest assets you will ever buy, and for that reason we want you to be 100% confident that you have chosen the right builder. We want you to trust that the product and workmanship we deliver is going to be of the best quality. This 25 year Structural Guarantee marks our commitment to you and our product. This guarantee is given in addition to any guarantee, statutory insurance or home builders liability scheme in force in Australia and is subject to the terms below.
Kookaburra Homes Responsibility
We will rectify at our cost the structural failure of any of the following pursuant to the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australian Standards at the time of construction of your home:
- Foundation systems, concrete and or strip footing pursuant to the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australian Standards including AS2870, Appendix B.
- Structural failure is defined as ‘Damage Category 3’ or higher (AS2870) for a structural failure to exist;
• Structural timbers and steel in wall or roof framing where structural failure is defined pursuant to the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australian Standards including AS1684.
• Load bearing brickwork where structural failure is defined pursuant to the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australian Standards including AS4773.
- You are required to maintain your own home in accordance with the CSIRO guide titled Maintenance and Footing Performance: A Homeowner’s Guide. If you do not do so, this will void your 25 Year Structural Guarantee.
This guarantee does not apply in the following circumstances:
- Damage caused by storms, fire or flooding. Please refer claims arising out of accidental damage to your insurer.
- Damage to footing systems caused by trees growing near the footings of your home.
- Fair wear and tear.
- Misuse or neglect on your part. Ensure your compliance with the above stated responsibilities.
- Any marks or scratches on bench-tops, vanities, cupboard doors, basins, baths or showers that were not noted on form QF173 – Final Inspection Report Sheet that is completed with you at the handover meeting for your new home.
- In a new home, movement due to shrinking may evidence itself in minor cracking. This is not covered by our guarantee.
Minor cracking is as defined in AS2870 Appendix B.
- Failure to follow the CSIRO guidelines, not establishing appropriate landscaping and drainage and maintaining the termite prevention treatment program for your home may allow damage to occur to structural timber components of your home. Under these circumstances such damage will not be covered by our guarantee.
- Any renovations, additions or other structural changes undertaken to the home post settlement. This includes significant landscaping and pools.
Who is eligible to make a claim?
The initial purchaser of any home constructed by us where the claim is made no later than 25 years after the date of receipt of final payment. This guarantee is not transferable. To make a claim under this guarantee, you are required to outline your request in writing including photos.
Urgent & Outside Business Hours
If you have an urgent problem with your home affecting your plumbing or electricity within the first month of handover, please refer to your Certificate of Compliance (C.O.C) included in your handover pack for the appropriate trades-person’s contact details. If the item is covered by our guarantee, the service will be free.
Appliances; Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Air Conditioner, Hot Water System etc.
The appliances installed in your home are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantees. Service within the manufacturer’s guarantee period can be obtained by contacting the manufacturer’s service department. Should you experience any difficulties please contact our office for assistance.